I just love twitter. I did a search today in my tweetdeck looking for 'Iowa'. I found @iatraveler who let me know there is a blogging conference in Perry Iowa November 14 and 15th.
Sometimes it's easy to feel like you are all alone out here in the blogosphere, wondering if you are doing this blogging thing right. If you don't communicate with others in your genre, you really are out here all alone!
Jody (@iatraveler) decided she was going to host a blogger's conference. She found a great hotel - Hotel Patee in Perry Iowa. The rate of $99 in conjunction with the variety of rooms (I got one with a spa tub) is what finally convinced me to attend. Visit their website at www.hotelpatee.com
The conference itself is only $99! I've been to a few bigger blogging conferences in Chicago and the rates start at $499 and only go up. So for $99 I get to see:
- Melanie Nelson from Blogging Basics 101 who will talk about media kits and the new FTC regulations
- Becky Mollenkamp from Creative Services who is going to share about how to effectively use twitter
- Jody Halsted from Have Kid Will Travel and Iowa Geek who is covering priorities
- BJ Weber from Ankeny Tax and Accounting who will make taxes understandable
- Darcy from Graphically Designing who will cover blog design, pimping your blog and dressing up your content
And get this - Darcy and her husband Randy will be doing head shots during the conference for $25 - you will leave with a disc of web-resolutions images. Now that's cool!
I'll be in Perry for this conference. How many other Midwestern bloggers will be joining me?