I'm looking for this kind of conference to attend:
- In January and someplace warm - I'm thinking Sante Fe
- I can bring my family and they can play while I work
- as a matter of fact, I can take family breaks and play with them
- there's a pool and great restaurants
- a little sight seeing
- I can be with other conference attendees who want to do what I want to do
- say I have a project I can't get completed, I'd like to work on it
- there's no line of people giving lectures
- there's no set schedule really, just a braintrust of people doing their own projects
- all the attendees are as smart as me (or preferrably smarter)
- I have fun, get a lot of projects off the ground AND get to be with my family
- the cost for the conference is not $1000, it's maybe only $100, maybe less
There's no conference like that. Yet.
We're working on it. You interested?
picture courtesy of davidw at flickr.com