Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thank you Sid Sickles


Sid Sickles taught me to parallel park.  

He was the football coach and driver's education teacher.  High school back in the 70's.  

I don't remember a lot about the driving lessons.  I know I passed the class, got my license and am probably the best parallel parker in the world (outside of Ackley and Geneva Iowa).

It's all about patience, technique and trusting the process.  We did it over and over and over, until we got it right.  

Today - I can parallel park anything.  I'm never scared, I take my time and my technique is flawless.   I park my car (or any car) in one smooth movement.  No back and forth, try again, 2 feet from the curb.

I'm applying that method to my business.  Determine the process, learn the technique, be patient and practice it over and over.  

What did you learn a long time ago that you can still do today?  

No comments: