Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Time

early Egyptian juggling art :en:fr:Image:Jongl...Image via Wikipedia


It's important to manage your time.



If you're like me, you are doing four things at once and trying to keep all the balls in the air.



I am not a good juggler. That's Lesson Number One. Know What You Are Good At.



I am good at talking to people, following a schedule, answering questions.



I am not good at follow through. I suck at doing repetitive work. I shine early in the day- I am stupid by the end of the day.



So for me to manage time effectively, I have to do these things.

1. make my phone calls in the morning, when I'm 'on'.

2. schedule my follow up appointments on my Google calendar. I look at it all the time, it gives me a reminder,and I do what it tells me to do.

3. Utilize the tools my company provides to me. I don't have to teach EVERYONE. I can direct everyone to the places that teaching is occurring. Then I can answer their questions. If they haven't done their work, why am I bothering to teach them?

4. Schedule creative activities into my day. It wakes me up, motivates me to talk to people, and creates new leads for me.





What time management skills work for you? Is there any software you use that helps? I know one woman who uses a paper calendar book and color codes it. What about you?









Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: